||Best Resume Builderﴤ>
Part I of a Series - Securing Part-time Positions/Internships
How can I increase my chances to get a part-time position or internship? The first step is to create a powerful resume.
Part-time positions or internships are practical ways for high school and college students to learn about different companies, industries, or potential careers. With the current competitiveness of the job market, there are some easy ways people can put themselves ahead of the competition. First step is to have an impactful resume that accurately and specifically describes what skills the candidate can bring to the company. Here are some easy o⠡nd ﴠto do⠦or writing a resume that will help you get to the first interview:
- Put information about recognition, awards, language and technology skills to show how you can provide value.
- Create and easily readable resume - be conscious of font size and over-formatting.
- List any special training and skills that are included in the description of the position.
- Provide business appropriate contact information and an impactful objective statement or professional summary.
- Show how your leadership skills are/were used in school, volunteer, and organizational activities.
Not To Do:
- Forget the your first page is the most important.
- Think about your resume as anything but a business document - don't add unnecessary lines or other objects.
- Include licenses or certifications that are not going to increase your chances to secure an interview.
- Use paragraphs to list job responsibilities instead of bullet points with specifics and results.
- List vague descriptions of skills in one section.
For additional information and resources on resumes for students or graduates, please go to www.successfulimpressions.net or use our resources at www.bestresumebuilder.com.